johnnydarko:  That's interesting. I upgraded to:

SBS 7.5.4 - r32171 (Windows)
Touch f/w 7.5.4-r9408

on 27/4/2011 (5 days ago as of the date of this post) and since then we
have not observed a single track skip. As part of the upgrade I cleared
and rebuilt the entire music library (no need to but I just did it
anyway).

This is not conclusive I would say but previously we would notice
several skips every day so there does seem to have been some
improvement. Whether it is teh new software, the library rebuild, the
combination of both or some other factor I cannot say.

--
ChrisJenkins