I have just realized my problems were the fact that I had downloaded IE9
as an update on my vista equipped PC.
I was having trouble with IE9 with what I thought was a Java problem,
as the Java applets on some sites were not showing. In frustration I
disabled most of the "Add-ons" and reset the security to the default
setting. The IE9 then went much faster, displayed all the Javascript on
sites and then I realised tracks on the Squeezebox were not skipping...I
do not know whether this is just a coincidence or another problem we can
blame on Microsoft.
I hope this helps some people I may not be on the right track but all
the more knowledge we have to assimilate.
Ajwaldo

--
ajwaldo