Whatever the recent problem was it seemed to only affect my newer SP
based players, Touch & Radio.  My Boom & SB3 connected fine to MySB.
Touch & Radio didn't even "try" to connect (spinny circle), the screen
just bumped when I selected MySB.
Radio finally connected but Touch still refused to connect for a few
more hours, but all is well now.

I do agree on a Server Status button on the MySB web UI.  They could be
posting by region/server:
-  planned maintenance outages
-  current known issues
-  resolved issues
-  current Server Status

Possibly even a way to report issues, but this may mean hundreds of
bogus reports from people who are having network issues unrelated to
MySB.
Crying wolf may not be a good way to keep the server admins on top of
MySB server issues, I dunno.

--
toby10