Zonker92;628973 Wrote:
> But I was using this NAS with the Sonos and there was never any
> interruption; would it make sense that the NAS would just start doing
> it now?
It's possible. I don't know how the Sonos software works, but my
impression is that Sonos has lighter demands on the system than SBS
(which also corresponds with your Cessna/747 comparison). Then you need
to compare those relative demands to the computing resources in the NAS,
namely the CPU and RAM. What CPU does your NAS have, and how much RAM?
Are there any diagnostics available to indicate % of CPU and RAM used
by SBS, and especially if SBS is requiring any swapping to virtual
memory?

On a sufficiently powerful system then switching from Sonos to SBS
shouldn't make a difference. But on a less powerful NAS the Sonos
requirements could be just below what the NAS has and SBS just above
what the NAS has, which would explain the hiccups you're seeing.

--
aubuti