indypants;657761 Wrote:
> Hi Mjensen,
> First of all, thanks for sharing that info, it is very much
> appreciated.
>
> I've already got John's updated jive_alsa and also own the 8200CDQ DAC,
> but so far I still get the odd click coming through.
>
> Looking through your summary of changes, the thing that stands out that
> I've not yet tried is part (3), so I will be giving this a go when I get
> some time (and once I've figured out why USB doesn't seem to work at all
> since I downloaded the last official firmware upgrade :-( ).
>
> Your asound.conf updates also look quite different to the changes
> recommended by John, but would I be correct that this just a different
> way of achieving the same result?
>
> Cheers,
> Tim

Interested in how people are using their USB Dacs - is it the only
device attached?  It does sound that the audiolab stuff doesn't work in
async mode at present, I'm wondering about getting one and looking at
the touch code.  How frequent are the dropouts at present?

[John did you ever just build the image with a newer alsa - I was
thinking this may work for a usb only case?]

--
Triode