Exactly. That's what I thought too... this is some sort of a "special"
unit. I doubt whether it's a mockup unit though, because the radio is
fully functional, it has the look and finish of a commercial unit,
complete with all the serial numbers, etc underneath.

In fact I did contact Logitech support few days ago and provided the
MAC address, etc but they weren't able to offer any useful help rather
than ask me to follow the documented official steps for updating
firmware. That's when I thought of posting here.

Unfortunately this unit is not under any sort of warranty since I
bought it from someone online. But to be fair, the previous owner did
mention that he couldn't figure out how to upgrade the fw since he is
not technically savvy - but I didn't expect it to be so complicated and
now I see what he meant!

But anyway, back to the original question... is it possible to install
the new firmware file from ssh? Or replace the "factory image" file
currently inside the system and then do a reset?

Anyone from the Touch development team reading this? :)

--
Rumpax