That's definitely a beta firmware version. The firmware that shipped to
the factory on the first production units was r5969. As I recall, r5969
itself was very raw and Logitech knew that it couldn't be used for much,
but its ability to upgrade itself over the network was well-tested. The
first thing that it did was insist on connecting to mysb.com to
download new firmware.

Under Diagnostics, do you see a 'hardware version' listed anywhere? The
later beta units shipped to testers were hardware version 5, which
turned out to be the same as production models. If you have an earlier
hardware version, you may be SOL.

I still have access to the beta forum. I'll see if I can track down a
thread from the time frame when r5588 would have been put out and see
if there's some other way of installing firmware.

--
JJZolx