Mnyb;659604 Wrote:

> settings > advanced > diagnostic > software update
>
> here you have multiple choices you can pick from any server that player
> sees including mysqueezebox.com directly even if you are conected to the
> local server.

Yes, i have this option under Diagnostics... This menu item is the only
Software Update option available on my Touch interface. But even when
connected to the squeezebox.com server (I can see MySB.com connection
status on diagnostics summary.. Ports, ping all OK), nothing happens
when I select this - I get no list to pick from. It doesn't even make
the click sound like other active menu options when I touch "Software
Update >"...the text just blinks, and doesn't go to a new screen... as
though the menu has been deactivated!

Well, is it possible to disable specific menu items using some UI
configuration/definition file inside the system? Anyone familiar with
that? (Yes, I know Logitech wouldnt approve this.... but I used to be a
unix C/Perl programmer in a previous career several years ago... So I am
being careful and super cautious when I log in to look inside!)

Another thought... do you think Logitech tech support folks have the
capability/tools on the service side to forcibly push a fw update to my
players MAC address?

--
Rumpax