Phil Leigh;660712 Wrote:
> Leave it as it is - your cap mod does not impact the digital output.
>
> I wouldn't get the PS modded until AFTER you have tried a decent DAC.
> Even after that it may not be worth doing if you are using the digital
> output. PS mods have much greater impact on the analogue output.
>
> Also, I'd try both optical (toslink) and coaxial s/pdif connections to
> the DAC to see which works best in YOUR system.

Phil, you have opened a new dimension in my system now. I tried using
the optical out, which I never did. The optical out is definitely
better than coax.  Has better top and bottom extensions, better
dimension and better dynamics. I am now using basic coax and optical
cables. Will choose AZ MC2 (looks like Black Cat Veloce is good too) or
Audioquest Optilink 5, based on the coax or optical option I choose.
Again, this is without external DAC, using Anthem preamp.

--
lake_eleven