bitstopjoe;660773 Wrote:
> Ok I screwed up, UGH and I am usually SO damn careful. Have modified and
> built audio and PC stuff for 30 years now...
> When removing the cap on the left ( rca's on top) I pulled off the
> land it was sitting on. I guess I didnt wait long enough for the solder
> to melt before I lifted the cap leg as the land came with it.I was able
> to heat it up and attach it and short the leads.
> Of course after buttioning it up there is ZERO sound from the right
> channel.
> So any recourse?? OBVIOULSY it is no longer under warranty ( I have it
> since March of this year)so no point in contacting Logitech and have
> them laugh at me when I ask for a replacement/repair.
> So any recourse?? Ideas?? I would "assume" I would need to buy another
> and save this one for parts.
>
> FOLLOW UP...
> I am not one to give up so I opened my Touch for the 3rd time ( MAN it
> gets easy after the 2nd time :)
> Had my trusty DVM with me and saw where the land went too. I tested
> the one where the cap came off ( open) and then where the one that
> didnt. There was a gold test point right below where both caps were. I
> ran a small wire to the one below where the damaged land and checked
> with my DVM, bingo all works now.
> I can tell right away it sounds better without the caps. Dave Brubeck
> "Time Out" first track, the cymbals on the left channel never sounded
> so clean.
> WHEW....................................................
> Now I am ready to mod Touch's for others.. Of course I don't know
> anyone near me who wants that done.. Too bad as I am an expert in
> opening her up now, less than 3 min. I kept the ribbon cable attached
> but I did remove the two black and red wire connectors.

OK, I have now screwed up my Touch, a little impatience pulled the land
off left channel cap. Tried to drop a solder blob , still no sound from
left channel.
Joe, how did you fix this. I am not sure if the input or output side
has come off. I have marked it in the image below. Any help is much
appreciated!.

|Filename: sbtouch_pcb2.jpg                                         |
|Download: http://forums.slimdevices.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=12581|

lake_eleven