After 2 phone sessions with Squeezebox support personnel and lots of
time working on this myself, my Touch is going back to Logitech under
warranty. Once they get mine they're going to send me a new unit.

I tried making up a smaller SD card with fewer files on it and 3
different folder/file types. One was my usual FLAC folder with 2
folders of whole albums worth of flac files. One was 2 album folders
with their flac files. Third was just the flac files for 2 songs.

The Touch found and would display the covers for the 4 jpgs on the card
but wouldn't find the any of the flac files.

Then I made up a usb stick with the same things as the smaller SD card.
The Touch did find the jpg files for the covers and all the music files.
But when I played the songs the covers didn't show up. There was just a
big black space (my wallpaper is black) to the left of the text about
the song.

Reinstalling SBS software and resetting the factory settings didn't
help.

I've only had the Touch for a couple weeks. So I'm glad its going to be
exchanged. But I told the last Logitech person I spoke to that I was
disappointed that they had to receive mine before they would send me
the replacement. I can see that I could be without a Touch for 2 weeks
or more while things move back and forth.

There's another thread now about problems getting a Touch to read SD
cards. So mine doesn't sound like the only one with this sort of
problem. The new one better work. If not, I'm going to give up on the
Touch.

Andy

--
Andy T