>From what OS are you copying your files .

* You are 100% sure that the card is not in read only mode .
* No strange file permissions .
* How are they formatted .

i know that 64 gB cards don't work, but not why. there is some "modern"
variants of SD cards the Touch are incompatible with, again I don't know
why , or which ones.

Workarounds , the Touch is not your portable player rigth,  I guess
some got the impression that you lugged around the Touch.
Copy the files to your local squeezebox server that you already run for
your classic and listen to them that way ? and listen to the cards in
your portable ?
or keep copies of the files on an USB drive ?
Both these workarounds actually lets you listen to the music, they
work.

It would be interesting to use SSH and do a ls -la on the files and
directories .

Another idea would be to try to see if a bug in the Touch mounts the
card in read only mode.

just for kicks power it down insert card power it up a 0.01% idea but
who knows.

i migth just try with some card I have around from my cameras to see
whats happening.

Btw the folder names no dots in front of the folder names Touch is
linux so that makes hidden files example .folder this would be
invisible tomthe scanner.

--
Mnyb

sub.
Bedroom/Office: Boom
Kitchen: Touch + powered Fostex PM0.4
Misc use: Radio (with battery)
iPad 64gB wifi +3g with iPengHD & SqueezePad
(in storage SB3, reciever )