Logitech apparently changed their mind and sent me return authorization
paperwork last week. Next question is how long its going to take for me
to get the replacement.

Mnyb-I'm using a XP computer to rip CDs to flac files on a big USB hard
drive connected to that computer and copy those files to SD cards. My SB
Classic connects to that computer to play music at home.

The physical lock on the cards is not switched on. I've not
deliberately done anything to make them un-writeable.

I think the cards are formatted FAT32. My computer doesn't ask me
anything when I pop a new card in.

I've tried 16 & 32 GB SDHC cards. The 16 GB card had 6 song files on
it. So it was a long way from being full.

The 32 GB cards were written long before the Touch showed up. I made
them for use in my HP Windows Mobile pda running a program called
Pocket Player. Works great as a personal player and plugged into my
car's audio system. Bought a Touch in part because I thought I might
want to take it and a card or 2 to someone else's home to play my music
there sometime. The point is to use the cards that have a primary use in
something else in the Touch also. I've already got primary and backup
1.5 TB USB hard drives full of flac files. I don't want to buy and fill
a smal hard drive with files to use just if I get asked to supply
music.

My Touch didn't work with a USB flash drive either. So I doubt a hard
drive would have worked.

I don't know what SSH or ls-la are.

The Touch did read the jpg cover art files off my cards. Just not the
flac files.

Gary- As I wrote above, the purpose of the SD cards is to use in my
personal player. A small USB drive would decrease the portability of
the player. And I don't want to make up a small USB drive just in case
I want to take the Touch somewhere.

I'll post again once I've had a chance to shake down the new Touch. I
wonder if Logitech will check it out before sending it to me.

Andy

--
Andy T