Triode wrote:
> Please be aware that kernel #11 will only work with usb2 devices and is
> specifically designed for the Tenor 8802l device.
>
> It appears that the Tenor device corrupts the feedback messages it sends
> to the linux host.  This firmware contains some code to work around the
> specific corruption seen on diego's device.  This may work for other
> users, but its possible that we need to make the workaround more generic
> to work for other instances of the Tenor device.

Anyway it is a good start. I think this will put pressure on the
firmware developers at Tenor, and this is fine. They now know that it is
known that their firmware (or even hardware?) has flaws. So let's hope
that this will motivate them to bring out a stable set of firmware and
drivers. Manufacturers will obviously think twice, if they prefer the
Tenor chip or another one, that may be more expensive or less advanced
in some aspects, but more robust and therefore causing less problems to
clients. As seen on the audio-gd website right now, they are calling for
reports about issues... so it seems, that they have been under pressure
to start selling their chip in a rather beta stage...