A long time Squeezebox user, from the release of the Squeezebox 2 on, I
have a mix of nine SB2s, SB3s, radios and now a Touch in my home.
Currently running LMS locally on a Vortexbox.

In reference to the SB2/3, the Touch seems to be less than optimal in
terms to the user experience in a couple of areas - or perhaps it's just
my lack of familiarity??

1. Power-on/off from the touchscreen.  When the Touch is playing, I seem
to have to tap the back arrow a bunch of times until I get the option to
switch it off.  Am I missing something?  I believe that power on/off is
a key-function that should always be shown.

2. Quick launch favorites.  With the SB2/3, we use the IR remote long
number press quick launch feature quite a bit.  For example, to go from
OFF to listening to NPR, takes just a long #1 press on the remote;
similarly Radio Paradise is launched with #3.  In comparison, on the
Touch, if there is a quick-launch feature from the IR remote, I haven't
been able to find it.  From the touchscreen UI, I seem have to do these
steps:
a. tap the screen to wake it
b. tap the ON-OFF icon to switch on
c. tap the back arrow repeatedly until I get to the Home screen
d. tap favorites
e. tap the desired favorite
Please tell me there is an easier way.  I'd love to be able to have
quick access to favorites both via the touchscreen and IR remote.

Thanks, and I'd also love some pointers and tips from Touch power users
to help get up to speed.

Finally, I have the Touch in a semi-custom install mounted on a bar
back splash with hidden wires, hidden amp and wall mounted NHT Classic
Two speakers.  If there is interest, I will take photos and post to the
custom install forum.

Doug