Thanks, didn't know about swipes or the press & hold of the back arrow.

Definitely helps, tho still not as fast as with a SB2/3 - it's loads
better than hitting the back button repeatedly to power off or just to
get home.  Shame that I had to ask on the forums, though; ideally the
product should somehow let the user know about these features, similar
to how it is done on Smart Phones.

I also thought about standby vs off, noting that the default standby
clock display to be very similar to the off display.  However, I do
appreciate the display immediately switching to the clock display when I
turn the unit off from Squeezecommander or the IR remote.  I see it as
feedback that the Touch did power off.

Hopefully the logi crew will continue to enhance the Touch.  MX video
player (Android) accepts side to side swipes to move to advance playback
fwd or back and up/down swipes to adjust screen brightness and volume.
I don't see a need for side to side swipes to do anything different from
what is done now, but volume control on the Touch would be easier if
instead of having to hit very small targets with your finger we could
swipe up anywhere on the display to crank it up and vice versa to turn
it down.

Doug