TechHome wrote:
> Definitely helps, tho still not as fast as with a SB2/3

Using the remote, it's exactly the same. And given that with the SB2/3
the remote interface is all you have, I fail to understand your
reasoning. Expecting the touch interface to work exactly like the remove
interface makes absolutely no sense.

> I also thought about standby vs off, noting that the default standby
> clock display to be very similar to the off display.

They're not similar. They're identical. There is no such thing as
"off".

> However, I do appreciate the display immediately switching to the clock
> display when I turn the unit off from Squeezecommander or the IR remote.
> I see it as feedback that the Touch did power off.

Again, being that there is no power off, I fail to understand this line
of thinking. If the Touch is playing audio and you hit either Pause or
Stop, if you can't tell that the command has been received then there's
something very wrong.