SBGK wrote:
> Hi, tried the new jive_alsa on sp/dif out. No problems with tracks
> skipping at the start for 24/192.
>
> Also, there is quite an improvement in sound quality, I didn't believe
> it at first so swapped the old jive_alsa back and forth about 3 times
> and there is definitely a better sense of timing and better/tidier
> soundstage than before. Don't know if you were working on improving the
> sound or whether it is a side effect, but the effect on the sound is
> very nice, reminds me of the quality I was getting with XXHighend and
> the Mhdt Usbridge where you can almost reach into the music.
>
> Thanks

That's interesting - what I am working on was intended to experiment
with something which I reason may impact sound quality - I will bring to
the audiophile board soon.  I don't have time to discuss much more now,
but wanted to warn you that I have seen cases of this jive_alsa crashing
- if you see this which will then cause the Touch to reboot after the
watchdog fires then its due to this.