MarkSAllen wrote:
> I have a Touch, with a Seagate USB drive connected (11,000 files), and
> am controlling it with a Duet controller. These are all connected via
> wi-fi to a NetGear WN3000RP wi-fi extender router that has a wireless
> connection to the Internet.
>
> This all works perfectly when the Internet connection is in place, with
> all traffic staying within the WN3000RP, but stops working if the
> WN3000RP to Internet connection is lost (the Duet controller says the
> Touch is reporting the network down).
>
> Any ideas as to how to set this all up so that it doesn't care whether
> there is an Internet connection or not?

hmmm, this must have something to do with your wifi extender.  With a
regular router, I can unhook the cable modem (no outside internet), but
still have complete control and use of my players and controller within
my internal LAN (for my own music files obviously).   Not sure where to
troubleshoot, but definitely something about the wifi extender not
staying connected to your LAN.  You don't have, for example DHCP turned
on in two different routers?  I suggest you post back with a description
of your actual LAN setup from outside internet > router > extender, etc.
and someone can probably chime in.