danco wrote:
> That's useful, as it does indicate a difference between the Classic and
> the Touch. Do you know what the situation is with the Radio?
> No, I don't know about the Radio, but my guess it uses same UDP ports.
Here is another thread but it's about Duet:
http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?83048-Duet-continuous-UDP-network-quot-polution-quot

Anyway it's safe if you enable the broadcast messages to arrive on UDP
3483 and UDP 17784.

danco wrote:
> The Mac firewall works a little differently, as the incoming firewall
> goes by applications, not ports (I believe there is a way to open ports,
> but that is not easily reached). My outgoing firewall is anyway open for
> all local connections.
Ok, but then make sure that incoming firewall is turned off. Later you
can check which application you need to enable when you turn on
firewall.

danco wrote:
>  And there is the oddity that it all worked initially, then stopped
> working after my LMS was stopped and restarted and later my computer was
> disconnected from the network.Actually also in my case, the Touch forgot the
> settings for unknown
reason. When I first powered up my Touch, it asked for initial settings,
and I then immediately configured the IP network manually. A bit later
however (when I was connected already to the Mysqueezebox.com account) ,
but  I was not able to connect to LMS, I checked again the settings, and
found out, the IP settings were not set at all, and it allocated itself
another IP from another range. So my settings lost. Then I re-configured
again.
So check your IP settings again in your Touch for sure.

danco wrote:
> I see that my Mac firewall log notices attempted connections using perl
> from my SB (Classic and Radio) to port 3483. Is the 17784 port needed
> for the Touch also perl? If it is another process that would be what I
> needed to permit.
Yes, I think the 17784 UDP is also needed, and I think it's also the
perl process.