maggies wrote:
> I was using the Touch into a Bel Canto Dac2.  That is what scares me.
> The Touch analogue outs sound better than the digital outs.  And neither
> sound as good as a plain Sony DVD player into the Bel Canto
> DAC2....something is wrong.
>
> Any suggestions?  I would prefer to use the digital out since I have
> used the same DAC for 6 yrs.
>
> fwiw...system....Quicksilver preamp, AES six pacs and Maggie 12s.

Yes, I'd agree that something is wrong.  S/PDIF or Optical digital out
of the TOUCH into your DAC should sound *at least* as good as your Touch
analog outs (particularly with your Bel Canto).  One thought. Make sure
you've turned the digital volume control in the TOUCH up to 100% before
doing any comparisons.  And make sure you haven't turned the volume adj
that uses ReplayGain values to on in the ToUCH settings.