castalla wrote:
> I just want to be able to specify a different dns server (other than the
> router dns) for the Touch - or maybe the easiest is to set the dns on
> the LMS server?

Maybe this is not what you are asking, but I set a fixed IP for my TOUCH
(all my SB players and controller). Temporarily turn off DHCP on router.
then go through network setup on TOUCH. It will fail to get an IP
address then offer up manual way of adding. I use:

IP: 192.168.1.15   (router is 192.168.1.1 and DHCP range for me is .100
to .254), just needs to be outside that range and above .1
Subnet:  255.255.255.0
Gateway:  192.168.1.1
DNS1:  8.8.8.8     (this is google public DNS
DNS2: 8.8.4.4
DNS3:  192.168.1.1

when done, then turn router's DHCP server back to ON.