garym wrote:
> Maybe this is not what you are asking, but I set a fixed IP for my TOUCH
> (all my SB players and controller). Temporarily turn off DHCP on router.
> then go through network setup on TOUCH. It will fail to get an IP
> address then offer up manual way of adding. I use:
>
> IP: 192.168.1.15   (router is 192.168.1.1 and DHCP range for me is .100
> to .254), just needs to be outside that range and above .1
> Subnet:  255.255.255.0
> Gateway:  192.168.1.1
> DNS1:  8.8.8.8     (this is google public DNS
> DNS2: 8.8.4.4
> DNS3:  192.168.1.1
>
> when done, then turn router's DHCP server back to ON.

I did something similar but I used SSH and logged on to the Touch edited
the /etc/network/interfaces  file
And rebooted the touch, then you can leave your network alone no need to
fiddle with the router .

I did not ,but you can specify your own dns to , I just used my router.

Not close to a real computer but my interfaces file is out as an example
in some other tread or post it later