pippin wrote:
> The short answer is: yes. Your example will work.
>
> The long answer is a bit more complicated.
> "Normally", iOS Apps will be completely suspended when they are in the
> background. They can complete tasks for up to 10 minutes but then they
> sleep completely to prevent battery drain.
> There are, however, exceptions for Apps playing audio (this is why your
> example works) or requiring navigation information (they get woken up by
> a special background service).

Good to know.  I frequently listen to music while surfing.

> It does have implications for a number of, well, let's call it
> "unofficial" features in Apps like iPeng: you have to keep it active in
> the background to be able to use the volume keys to change your
> Squeezebox' volume or to silence it when a call comes in (iPhone only,
> obviously). This will have a noticeable impact on battery consumption so
> it's an option you have to enable manually.

Sorry, I'm not sure I understand this.  Is there a special setting in
iPeng I must use to keep it active while I surf the internet?  I have
almost no experience using an iPad, or other Apple device for that
matter, so I'll be learning how to use it as well as iPeng at the same
time.  So please be patient with this newby ;)