Saturn94 wrote:
>  So it looks like my options are to start over and rip my CD collection
> again (not my preference) or find a way to convert my wma files to
> something more universally accepted such as mp3 (I have no idea how to
> do that.  Would it be relatively simple??).

Should you wish to convert your WMA files to MP3 (since they are
currently lossy, no point in converting to flac), you could do this
quite easily in an overnight run using dbPoweramp
(http://www.dbpoweramp.com/).  I say "overnight", but that depends to
some degree on your computer's processor speed.  Windows-only, I
believe, not on the Apple OS).  I'd convert them to 320kbps, which is
overkill but there won't be much quality loss.

Of course, having lossless files would be a better thing, and if you are
willing to systematically rip all of your CDs you'd end up better off.
It's what I did a few years ago, every time I sat at the computer to do
somelthing I brought along a stack of CDs and just worked through the
collection over a couple of months.  I do admit that I'd be more
irritated doing it if it were the second time <g>.

R.