Saturn94 wrote:

> It's good to know apps can be returned.  I thought once you bought an
> app that was it, and if you didn't like it then too bad.  Does Apple
> refund your money or is it up to the developer to provide a refund?

Apple does all this without asking/contacting the developer (but I guess
any developer would love to refund always to prevent a 1star rating of
an angry user).
Apple does this in a very unkind way though: they refund you the full
amount but still keep their 30% provision, so for a developer every
refund is a -30% revenue.
As a developer you don't have any direct means to issue a refund to a
developer (ok - if a user uses PayPal one can use this)

Google is much better in this regard: every developer has a full list of
all purchases with a 'refund' button on each item, so can directly issue
a refund. Google also doesn't keep its provision.
On the other hand VAT handling on Play market is much more complicated
for developers ;)