aubuti wrote:
> MOG support could well become a moot point very soon on both platforms.
> MOG has been acquired by Beats Music, and Beats Music has not been very
> clear about their plans for the transition. I read something in another
> thread about a cut-over on January 21, but without any details for what
> that means for current MOG subscribers, and especially what the future
> holds for partners like Squeezeboxes.

I think alienating MOG/SB Touch Users would not be part of the plans of
Beats Audio. I have had conversations with the folks at MOG over the
last 6 months, and by the tone of their e-mails, dropping support of
current platforms would be counter to what I have been hearing. Although
they are secretive in what is being planned, it is rumored that they
intend to be the #1 Streaming Service both in subscribers and Quality.

The thing that worries me, is that the current SB Touch Pluggin would
fail to operate under the new MOG. If that is the case, someone in the
SBT community may 'come to the rescue' with a 3rd party pluggin.
However, if indeed MOG will no longer function with an SB Touch, I will
be on the Hunt for a new Streamer. From what I've heard of the folks
that attended CES, there are dozens of new streamers coming to the
market soon and they believe this is the future of audio.