Sorry your Squeezebox experience was less than what you wanted it to be.
Hopefully Sonos will provide what you want. The desire to appear to be
tech savvy or requiring it to use something is a unique mindset from my
perspective, although I am sure there are those to whom that does hold
an attraction.

I think that Logitech developed a system that has great capabilities.
The greater the capabilities the greater the complexity and the room for
problems to arise. I would guess that I use less of the capabilities
than many-few plugins etc. I for one enjoy working through some of the
issues that have arisen with my use. Those I might add were due to
external hardware-routers rather than the Touches I own themselves. Many
others might not feel that way and I understand that.

Logitech dropped the Squeezebox line and promoted their new UE line
which may resolve some of the frustrations for some people. From my
perspective they went too far in the other direction from the original
Squeezebox concept. Perhaps a stripped down and vigorously tested
version of SBS/LMS might have made many folks happy.

Who knows. I still love the ones I have !