pierrepfeffer wrote:
> Where can I find what sample rate LMS is sending?  If I purchase a dac
> without a sample rate indicator, how do I confirm what sample rate the
> dac is processing?  Put differently, how do I know LMS is not
> down-sampling? I don't think the touch can tell me.  I assume LMS knows
> what sample rate it is delivering, but how do I get it to tell me?
>
> If this is available on another thread please let me know.  My command
> of technical jargon is as limited as my technical expertise, so probably
> not putting correct search terms in the search bar.

If you haven't changed the file type handling defaults in LMS Settings,
and you're using FLAC or mp3 files (and perhaps others, but I'm sure
about FLAC and mp3), LMS is not changing the rate so long as the file is
24/96 or less.

*Location 1:* VortexBox 4TB (2.2) > LMS 7.8 > Transporter, Touch, Boom,
Radio w/Battery (all ethernet except Radio)
*Location 2:* VBA 3TB (2.2) > LMS 7.7.2 > Touch > Benchmark DAC I, Boom,
Radio w/Battery (all ethernet except Radio)
*Office:* Win7(64) > LMS 7.8 > SqueezePlay
*Spares:* VBA 4TB, SB3, Touch (3), Radio (3), CONTROLLER
*Controllers:* iPhone4S (iPeng), iPad2 (iPengHD & SqueezePad),
CONTROLLER, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win7(64) laptop
Ripping (FLAC) - dbpoweramp, Tagging - mp3tag, Spotify