Thanks for the detailed description.  I have apple losssless set to
"native" and flac (within the apple lossless server setting) set to
sox/faad.  Stock touch is now handling 192 alac file I presume by
down-sampling from LMS, and edo touch delivering indicated 192 on same
alac 192 file.
Mnyb wrote:
> ..more info under track info on both the touch itself and the web-UI it
> tells you .  If it is transcoded it informs you otherwise it presents
> the file format as is.
On touch with edo and touch without edo, when i go to "more info" it
gives me the file's encoded  sample rate, but does NOT tell me if
down-sampling is taking place.  For instance, touch with edo playing 192
alac file tells me "apple lossless, 192."  Touch without edo tells same
story, though of course it must be down-sampling to play.

I can't find any transcoding / sample rate informatiion on web ui - if
by that you mean either "advanced settings" or "web remote control."
I'll see if i can figure out how to run "debug" and check settings in
log.