glrtrgi wrote:
> Also, the designer of the DAC does not know whether it will work with
> the Linus OS.

I'm working from memory here, so forgive me if I am wrong.

1. I think Triode recommended only a non-powered hub to be used e.g.

http://www.misco.co.uk/productinfo/productinfo?productCode=Q439498

Hub into Touch, Dac into hub.

2. Settings>Advanced>Digital Output, shows a list, scroll down to Async
(I think) and enable, it should reboot. Then reselect your Digital
output.

3. When you say you have two choices from the Digital Output, were they
'Digital only' and 'Digital + analogue'?  Normally the DAC name is
given. 'Digital only', will give the EDO benefits to your Dac vie the
Toslink and/or Co-ax outputs from the Touch (e.g. hi-res file
playback).

4. If I remember correctly, (if your Dac is recognised by the Touch)
when you power down the Touch, disconnect the Dac, pull the plug on the
Touch, wait a short while and then plug in only the Touch.

You should get a message on the screen saying 'Dac not connected', then
plug in your Dac. If you don't get the message then the Touch will
default to the two options mentioned previously.

I would try #2 first and then #4 and the others afterwards.

Hope this helps, it is all about the USB chip in the Dac.

atb

Ronnie.