What's even weirder, my Jackson Browne Running On Empty DVD-A rip at
24/192 will play fine, but Eagles Hotel California won't. Nothing has
changed with the files since I ripped them a couple of weeks ago, and
everything played perfectly then. Unfortunately those are the only 2 I
have at 192 at the moment to test, but I don't get why one would play
and the other would not.

Ok doing a bit more testing......Hotel California will play fine as a
FLAC on the C drive, but will not play right from the USB external hard
drive that my music is on. Now I still had issues with the ALAC version
on the C drive, but the FLAC was ok. The Jackson Browne played fine from
the USB hard drive in ALAC, so there is something going on with the
Eagles and ALAC and/or USB, but there is no consistency on the issue
between the 2 192 files, since 1 works one way and the other doesn't.
Weird, if it were an ALAC problem, I'd expect neither to play right, if
it was USB bogging down, again neither should play. Frustrating that I
can't pin down the exact issue.