I agree with everything that garym has advised, but, with 15% - 20%
signal strength seen at the touch, you are operating in the
unstable/unpredictable/unreliable environment. Why not just improve it
and gain reliability? Do all that Garym said, but also consider getting
a better router (used less that $100USD on ebay), use ethernet if
possible, get a repeater, use another router as a repeater, use a
powerline extender, anything.....

I am no network expert, but understand physics, signal strength and
signal to noise (as an analog analogy). Try to tune in that distant FM
station - works fine one day, static the next, gone the next. You want
to strive for "much better than necessary" rather than "barely enough".

I don't mean to preach, honestly (although it sounds like that :)). I
was trying to run a receiver in a detached building at 25 - 40% signal
strength and it drove me nuts.  I got a better router, moved the router,
moved the receiver, signal strength improved, it's now fine. The
receiver I have in my basement is ethernet, it's fine. I have three
touches, two on wifi with excellent signal strength, they are fine. The
touches are better wifi devices and the receivers, but the same laws of
physics apply.

Make your network better than it needs to be to give you reliability

Jim