On 01/01/2015 03:14 PM, enh wrote:
> close to switching:
>
>     cat --- missing -n (though we do now have nl(1)) [patch sent upstream]
>     chown --- bugs with argument parsing [patch sent upstream]
>     cmp --- missing -b, -n. (both dating from the original git import,
> with no changes since. ignore and try toybox anyway?)
>     date --- probably okay to split this into date/hwclock (will need
> local patch for hwclock to use /dev/alarm instead of /dev/rtc; should
> fix /dev/rtc handling)
>     df --- missing -h; column alignment broken. [tradefed now patched
> to support new format; no need to support either old Android format]
>     du --- our default block size was 512; -h output slightly
> different. [patch sent upstream]
>     grep --- missing -A, -B, -C, color. compare performance with BSD grep?
>     id --- missing -Z, output slightly different. [patch sent upstream]
>     ifconfig --- seems to be superset; test networking after reboot
> and switch over?
>     inotifyd (vs notify) --- seems to be incompatible superset; move
> over and see what happens?
>     ls --- missing -Z
>     renice --- ours has nonstandard -r, -t (equivalent to -n?), -g (“get”).
>     touch --- ours has nonstandard -l (equivalent to standard -h),
> better resolution. [patch sent upstream]

Working on finishing and checking some of these fixes in. (Last week "hg
diff | wc" was over 10,000 lines of partial local changes I hadn't
checked in, now it's down to 1043 lines although some of that was me
moving things like the partial grep -ABC into a separate patch for the
moment.

(Bit off a little more than I could chew there. Chewing...)

> most blocking for me is probably your decision on whether to have a
> single TOYBOX_SELINUX configuration option that turns on all the
> selinux stuff or not. iirc i sent that as part of the id patch, where
> i also changed stuff like setenforce to say "default y depends on
> TOYBOX_SELINUX" so there's just one switch to flip. i'll get back to
> the other selinux commands next week, so let me know which style to
> use.

That sounds good to me. I may add a compile-time probe for support, but
that can go in later.

I'm trying to get caught up on your pending patches this weekend. Thanks
for your patience.

(Back to squinting at sed. It's ALMOST done, but Linux From Scratch
isn't quite building with it yet. It's getting _whitespace_ wrong, of
all things. Which is significant when you have a \ line continuation
followed by an extra blank line...)

Rob