This has already seen enough different takes on what it "should do"
for me to say it shouldn't be part of the core, but some set of
coordinated plugins to achieve the final "goals"  Similar to how
several tools have taken data from the TimeAndEstimation plugin to
achieve the end "goals"

As for the above comment about Eclipse.  Actually, the reason I
stopped  using Eclipse was as it matured, enough specific preferences/
usage expectations were added to the core, that it was more productive
to go back to Vi and command-line scripts for development.

Anyway, I am curious to see how this goes, there are some specific
things from the PM side I would love to pluck out and use in my trac
sites.