"You are voluntarily giving information away. You are not forced to give information."

Indeed, it is not physical coercion, which is what I guess you are referring to when you say "you are not forced to..." I don't use it, so it is possible not to do so. However, there are many forms of coercion, such as psychological and social; facebook employs those types of coercion.

Also, many people do not understand the negative consequences of allowing facebook to profile them particularly, and society at large. This is because the effects are not immediately tangible.

"There is a difference between a program and a service. There are collective implications with any service you use."

There's some interesting discussion out there regarding SaaSS. What are the differences for you?

SaaSS takes away your freedoms.
https://www.gnu.org/philosophy/who-does-that-server-really-serve.html