"Indeed, it is not physical coercion, which is what I guess you are referring to when you say "you are not forced to..." I don't use it, so it is possible not to do so. However, there are many forms of coercion, such as psychological and social; facebook employs those types of coercion."

And Trisquel employs the same rhetoric to get you to donate. Are you saying convincing messages are an attack against your freedom too? Sounds like you're attacking the right to freedom of speech.

"Also, many people do not understand the negative consequences of allowing facebook to profile them particularly, and society at large. This is because the effects are not immediately tangible."

That is their loss. Facebook has a cleary written privacy policy and it is the fault of the users that they do not read it.

"There's some interesting discussion out there regarding SaaSS. What are the differences for you?"

I believe if the proprietary code isn't running on my computer, I am not responsible for it and therefore have no right to redistribute it or read its source code.

"SaaSS takes away your freedoms."

From your link:
"Concretely, it means that someone sets up a network server that does certain computing tasks"

Trisquel uses software to post the comments you make.