"Internet forums have been around since the early 80's. Added to that, trisquel.info is community funded. We are users. On facebook and other such services, you are the product, not the user."

All of those are owned by people, run by people, and contributed to by users. Where's the huge difference that changes Facebook users into "product"s?

"Maybe the term web 2.0 was confusing. I don't use SaaSS."

Service as a Software Substitute (SaaSS) means using a service as a substitute for running your copy of a program.[1]
Don't forget you're on this website.