HI Michael
  I am getting a different understanding of the expanded tone scale than you
indicate here.
LRH and the COS put tone 40 Serenity of Beingness as the top and only work
toward that as the goal of SCN.
Buddah, Ouran in the "Ghost Danse Articles", Geoffery Filbert in "Excaliber
Revisited" and Lester Levenson in "Keys to Ultimagte Freedom" indicate a
complete Expanded Tone scale would go up to +400 and that the states of "Native
State" "Life that is not Being" "Coexistence" "Individuality" and "Awareness"
are in this top area which the Magicians call the Causal Band.
Below the Causal band are the Thought Band where Creation of ideas and things
begins, the Emotion Band, The Effort Band where resistance and pain are
encountered, the Mystery Band where we put the things we do not want to look at.

All varities of processing are attempting to free the being so he can be at any
point on the tone scale.  My personal effort is to locate the comflicts I have
in life and timebreak them to free my stuckness at the lower bands (emotion,
effort and mystery) so I can freely assume the Thought band and Causal bands.

Trom as i see it now presents me with the conflicts as a scale that I can work
from the bottom up like this:

tone                                trom

+110   Awareness           To Know
+100  Creation                 to be known

+10   Emotion Band          to love, to admire

0.0  Effort Band                 to enhance, to help

-1.5 controling bodies         to feel, to control

-3.0 owning bodies             to own, to have

-5.0  worshiping bodies       to eat, to sex

Once my attentions is freed up from the conflicts of life and these lower bands
I can "meditate" on or hold the idea of being joyfull, being harmless to all,
being just an observer not a doer.  Lester Levenson gives these as the means of
attaining the Causal Band states.

This is my personal plan.  I am still working on freeing up my attention on the
conflicts in life with TROM but the above understanding is my roadmap to where
I am trying to go.

Sincerely

Pete