[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

The Mormon city council agreed to sell the property with the easement.  Now AFTER THE SALE THEY ARE TRYING TO CHANGE THE RULES.  THIS IS TYPICAL POLITICAL CROOKEDNESS.
DAVEH:  Is that how you really believe, Glenn?
THIS MORMON POLITICAL TRICKERY IS GREAT BECAUSE IT EXPOSES THE MORMON HYPOCRISY IN SLC.
DAVEH:  Care to explain.......?
The problem is that the city council (Mormons) pulled a shady deal to start with by selling the property.  SECOND, THE DEAL WITH THE SALE WAS RIGHT OF WAY.  Right of ways are legal are common by the millions.

DAVEH:   I'm not a lawyer, but I suspect "RIGHT OF WAY" involves more (or perhaps less!) than what you are implying.  The city is forfeiting the "RIGHT OF WAY" to drive on that chunk of ground in exchange for monetary/social benefits.  The Church believes that the "RIGHT OF WAY" does not include the ability of anti-LDS folks to ridi cule the Church while standing on their (the Church's) ground.  The Church does not want to exclude non LDS folks from traversing the ground, but rather preventing the turf from becoming a religious war zone.

--
Dave Hansen