"The fact that Jesus got specific there, mentioning specific commandments, makes it clear that he was talking about the commandments of Moses, which you say are commandments that we do not have to obey as Gentile believers.  Therefore, Mat. 19:17 does not appear to be appropriate to what you were trying to say with it.  Maybe I'm missing something.  Perhaps you can clarify this." --David

Gentiles should keep the commandments.  Those commandments pertaining to the priesthood that existed in the loins of Abraham in his encounter with Melchisedec have been transformed because we have a new high priest, Jesus.  Circumcision was required for Gentiles who wanted to participate in temple activities while it was still there in Paul's time.  But those temple activities were not necessary for salvation. They were only a shadow of the body of Christ to come, and fulfilled part of the covenant made to Abraham. --Marlin

"The law of Moses had 613 commandments, not 10."--David

Marlin:  So to follow your reasoning further, should Christians discount 607 of 613 laws because Jesus failed to mention them in Mat. 19:17?

Jesus was referring to at least six of the ten written on stone with the finger of God.  In one form or another, all of the Law of Moses remains valid, though its application has been transformed.  The seed of Abraham, tribes of Israel, were kicked out of the land and dispersed throughout the world, and the means of salvation, Christ, which was portrayed in the Law of Moses, has been opened to the Gentiles as well.

JOHN 4:21    Jesus saith unto her, {Woman, believe me, the hour cometh, when ye
            shall neither in this mountain, nor yet at Jerusalem, worship the
            Father.}

One of Israel's sins was Sabbath breaking in various forms.  Even the land had to have its Sabbaths.  The dispersion of Israel over this violation was prophesied in the Law.

LEV 26:34   Then shall the land enjoy her sabbaths, as long as it lieth
            desolate, and ye [be] in your enemies' land; [even] then shall the
            land rest, and enjoy her sabbaths.
LEV 26:43   The land also shall be left of them, and shall enjoy her sabbaths,
            while she lieth desolate without them: and they shall accept of the
            punishment of their iniquity: because, even because they despised
            my judgments, and because their soul abhorred my statutes.
LEV 26:44   And yet for all that, when they be in the land of their enemies, I
            will not cast them away, neither will I abhor them, to destroy them
            utterly, and to break my covenant with them: for I [am] the LORD
            their God.
LEV 26:45   But I will for their sakes remember the covenant of their
            ancestors, whom I brought forth out of the land of Egypt in the
            sight of the heathen, that I might be their God: I [am] the LORD.