Izzy wrote:
> It is still a HUMAN BEING all the way;
> no side-stepping can get around that.
> It is on a continuum of growth and development
> from the zygote phase onward.
> At NO point on that continuum can you say
> it changed into a Person.

How can you say with certainty that it did not change into a person at some
point along that continuum?

Suppose for the sake of argument that we define a person as someone who has
a soul and spirit.  Is it possible that the biological building is done
first, then the spirit enters the body at some point?  Is this a
possibility?

Some of the ancient Jews believed that this happened 40 days after
conception.  Other Jews have argued that it happens at birth, with the first
breath.  I remember some Christian writers in the early centuries after
Christ arguing that the soul develops progressively, just like the physical
body.

With the concept of cloning on the horizon, maybe we should talk about this
more.

Peace be with you.
David Miller, Beverly Hills, Florida  USA