Bruce wrote:
> The word translated "deny" is found 13 times in scripture
> from Matthew 16:24 to John 13:38 but is never mentioned
> again AFTER the crucifixion of Christ!

I'm not sure what you are trying to say, Bruce.  First, the word is
mentioned after the crucifixion in the following verse:

For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men,
Teaching us that, DENYING ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live
soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world; Looking for that
blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our
Saviour Jesus Christ; Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us
from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of
good works. These things speak, and exhort, and rebuke with all
authority. Let no man despise thee. (Titus 2:11-15 KJV)

But even if it was not, don't you think that the doctrine of Christ can
be found in the gospels?  What are you trying to say?  What are you
trying to argue?  What's the bottom line?  Do you disagree with the
teaching that we are to deny self, meaning, deny worldly lusts of the
flesh?

Bruce wrote:
> What is most interesting to observe is that a believer
> who is living in a carnal (fleshly ) state is failing
> to be obedient to ANY  of these instructions relative
> to HIMSELF!  So I totally agree with you that those
> who are living in a carnal state are NOT BEING OBEDIENT
> TO CHRIST.

So then THEY THAT ARE IN THE FLESH CANNOT PLEASE GOD. But YE ARE NOT IN
THE FLESH, BUT IN THE SPIRIT, IF SO BE THAT THE SPIRIT OF GOD DWELL IN
YOU.  Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, HE IS NONE OF HIS.
And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit
is life because of righteousness. (Romans 8:8-10 KJV)

Peace be with you.
David Miller, Beverly Hills, Florida.