I Do Not cut & paste other's comments once in a great while, maybe.

I have every volume that I have quoted on TT.
Why I commented on the quotes? This ios the purpose of TT. I could simply post just quotes, but we are interested in discussion correct?
I was commenting and restating what is taught in the book and other LDS resources.
The section teaches, that we must eliminate sin
I can send additional quotes, from additional sources, if you like.

In fact you name the book I will dig them out!
Doctrines of salvation
Mormon Doctrine
The way to perfection
Melchizedek Priesthood Personal Study Guide

I also sent the full context of the OFFENDING quotes in a separate post. Feel free to express what is out of context and investigate & tell me in your own words what the Prophet was trying to say. It can not be that hard for him to express what he means, after all he is the prophet. Do I need some kind of special equipment, certain grade level education, to fully understand what a man has written. Why should it be so hard?

Part of the problem is that LDS authorities contradict one another. Especially from different time periods. I say that, "what was truth in the past, is not LDS truth now".

Dave <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
DAVEH: My latest post is in GREEN.......

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Wednesday---Kevin wrote:

OK,
The Prophet states you must be PERFECT NOW
You state it can wait, you are not perfect now
Who is right?
Are you a General Authority, in order to contradict another General Authority?
It says you MUST ELIMINATE SINS in this world
Have you eliminated sins?
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
DAVEH: Kevin, sorry to rile you up.  I am finding your posts difficult to follow, and if I've offended you.....I apologize.  In the posts you've made regarding SWK's comments, it seemed apparent to me that you had not read the entire treatise, and were purposely trying to change the context of his message.  You sent the above message to emphasize that SWK (purportedly) said "MUST ELIMINATE SINS"......which he didn't.   If SWK did not use those words, why would you?.....they did not reflect what SWK was saying at all.   I assume you have a copy of THE MIRACLE OF FORGIVENESS.......please read the entire paragraph.  You will see that he neither said such, nor implied such.  (If you do not have tMoF.......how did you come up with the quote?......Just let me know and I'll quote it so you can see what SWK was trying to convey.)

    The same applies to your above "PERFECT NOW" comment you attribute to SWK.  Again.....he neither said such, nor implied such.  Read the paragraph, Kevin.  And to get the full context read the section, as I asked you to before.  It is only two pages.

    BTW.......I don't feel compelled to retract my 'accusation' of your twisting SWK's words to suit your intentions, as I feel that between the two posts (the partial one you quoted below and the one I quoted above), your intention was to misconstrue SWK's comments.  Whether you did that knowingly (after reading each respective section of SWK's book), or if you merely copied somebody else's abbreviated conclusions and assumed they were correct enough to use for your own........I don't know---but I do hope you will tell us.   However, I undoubtedly owe you (and Judy) an apology for my PS 82:6 comments about "gods/judges".  I've not had a lot of time (replying to all the TT posts already cuts deeply into my sleep time!) to research Talmage's JESUS THE CHRIST comments yet, but intend to do so in the future.  Your quote of his explanation was spot on.  At this point, it seems either he is wrong, or I am wrong......and I'd bet on Talmage being right, as he's a lot smarter than me!   Anyway, I hope you don't think I'm sweeping that one under the rug (as much as I would like to), but I would like to spend a little time thinking (and studying) about it before I choke on my pride capitulate.

Kevin Deegan wrote:

I see that you are the one, who took the LIBERTY to MISQUOTE me!It is actually you who is guilty of MISQUOTING. I am deeply offended that you would misqoute me & at the same time accuse me of that which you are guilty of!You have put " " around my words.It was not there; you did it. The PROOF is just a few lines down in this post.How dare you attack my integrity and then publicy do what you accuse me of. I think that is despicable.I cut & pasted your edited quote:"WE MUST BECOME PERFECT NOW" Here is the ORIGINAL POST!WE MUST ELIMINATE SINS IN OUR MORTAL STATE"One definite purpose...assuming the mortal state...We were to control our urges and desires, master and control our passions, and overcome our weaknesses, small and large. We were to eliminate sins of omission and of comission" M.of F. Kimball p 5 As anyone can see I "quoted" Mr Kimball & outside of those quotes were MY COMMENTS IN CAPS & BOLD! I would hope this combination of my words bold & CAPS (for those seeing just TEXT) would pose a double check on MY WORDSvsKimball's "words"You say I misquoted MR Kimball show cause or RETRACT!Dave <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Kevin Deegan wrote:

Oh so NOW I am Misquoting.Please provide an example just one will do.
DAVEH:  When you below quoted "WE MUST BECOME PERFECT NOW", that was NOT part of SWK's text.
With all the LDS quotes I have posted this should be a EASY thing to do. If it were only so.
DAVEH:  SWK did not say "MUST ELIMINATE SINS" as you suggested.
  Trying to poisen the well?
DAVEH:  No.  I'm just trying to understand why you would purposely misquote SWK, and misconstrue what he was saying by taking what he did say out of context.If you can discredit me, then maybe others will not listen. If the facts are facts, then they are able to stand on their own merits!
DAVEH:  Then go back to THE MIRACLE OF FORGIVENESS and read the entire sections you've quoted, Kevin.  Then we can talk about what SWK was saying and why he said it in the way he did.
 Go ahead show us!If you can't please try to refrain from accusing others of things you can not even show.DAVEH:  I thought I had posted this (your misquotes) material yesterday.  Perhaps you overlooked it.
--
Dave Hansen

Do you Yahoo!?
Free Pop-Up Blocker - Get it now