In a message dated 12/21/2003 5:12:22 PM Central Standard Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
Izzy wrote:
> The best argument I've heard yet for Believers
> to NOT have a Christmas tree.

Why? So if pagan's eat with a fork, then we had better use a spoon
instead?  If pagan's celebrate birthdays, then we better not?  If
pagan's name the months or days of the week after their false gods, then
we better not own a calendar?  Where does all this end?

Who made the tree?  GOD DID!  Odin did not make the tree.  These false
gods are nothing.  But the creator of all things made the tree, so if it
creates a festive atmosphere reminding us of the giver of life who will
warm us again and take care of us as winter comes upon us, what is wrong
with that?  Why should we let the pagans take away what God has given to
us?

You know, the Satanists read the Lord's prayer in their meetings.  Is
that a good argument for why we should not read the Lord's prayer?  (why
is it called the Lord's prayer anyway, isn't it the disciple's prayer?)
Maybe we should not read the Bible at all since so many false religions
use the Bible.  Sorry, but this kind of logic simply escapes me.

Peace be with you.
David Miller, Beverly Hills, Florida.
I suspect we can take just about anything and find a pagan use for it.  I was thinking today of how the occult uses candles and yet I and just about everyone I know burn candles often.  And candles are used in churches.  That is just an example.  Laura