----- Original Message -----
From: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Thursday, January 22, 2004 2:30 PM
Subject: [TruthTalk] Geography of Never Never land

> Judy wrote:
What exactly about the book of Mormon tells you it is true Blaine?
What I can't figure out is why you would prefer that to the Holy Bible?

Blaine writes:   I have already answered this question once, but decided to answer it again, this time from a different angle:
 I have a book published by FARMS (Foundation for Ancient Research and Mormon Studies), titled Reexploring the book of Mormon: a Decade of Research,  which has 85 chapters, all with separate evidences the Book of Mormon is reliable scripture.  FARMS  issued its first article in December, 1984.  That article announced the discovery of domesticated barley in the Americas before Columbus. The book of Alma in the BoM says the Nephites raised barley.  Prior to this discovery, critics of the BoM loved pointing out that the mention of barley as a Nephite crop was proof the BoM was false, because researchers had never found evidence of its existence in the Americas.  It was thought to be exclusively an old world crop.    As I said,  the FARMS book has 85 chapters, and the book was published in 1992.  FARMS has written many more articles sunstantiating the credibility of the BoM since then--13years ago.  I will try to discuss more of them in upcoming posts.  >