[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
In a message dated 3/30/2004 8:22:37 PM Pacific Standard Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

Thanks conselor!

What does that mean?

ICo 8:1-3 is a problem for your theory. Judyt seems to think this passage is just talking about meats.   If we stop reading at verse 3, which is the reference I gave,  we really miss the point.   The doctrine of meats is in view.   But listen to this:  ...."and there is only one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom God made everything and through whom we have been given life.   However, not all Christians realize this."   (I Co 8:6-7)  And verse 9 makes it clear that we are to allow this "weak"  (misinformed brother) some slack.   A much bigger deal than just eating meats.

Maybe it even applies to those of us on this list.   The point is this:   the MISINFORMED BROTHER IS JUST FINE IN THE SIGHT OF PAUL.  His view of the Christ is different from Pauls and it is wrong  --  but this believer has made a choice to move away from the world and serve this Christ.   He is safe only because the blood cleanses sin with no dependence upon us except that we try.   The guy in Romans, who did not hear about Christ, was doing his best.   David learned that his heart was more important than the God ordained sacrifice.

You think that you are doing God's will in the way you handle yourself in this list.  I know several street preachers. They are of the same mentality as you.    They are all very works oriented, very opinionated and very efficient as a street  God uses them to do something that many of us will not do.   But others in the list are able to reach people the street preacher chases off.   Different strokes for different folks.   God uses us all.   He only asks (John 17) that we get along.

John Smithson

Well put John.  God has always looked at the heart.
Terry