Is this the barnburner?

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
In a message dated 3/30/2004 4:54:37 PM Pacific Standard Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

Do you ever ask, "If I am so right, why do I have such a hard time getting people to agree?"

You need to solve some problems if you want me to think like you  -- you do want that, right?
Assume for a moment in time that I am an honest seeker of the wisdom of  God  ..  Just pretend.

With that assumption in mind, let me explain to you what I need in terms of information.

I keep quoting Paul in Romans 4  -  "we are justified by faith and not by works of (God's) laws."   I need you to tell me why James is right (James 2:24) and Paul is wrong.  You ignore the quote in Romans and immediately go to Jaems 2  -  so Paul does not count and James does.  I really don't think you believe that, but that is how it appears to me.   I need you to discuss in detail BOTH passages.  Both use Abraham but with different examples.  Both speak of faith and works with seemingly different conclusions.  Both define "justification."   Reconcile the two passages.   I need you to tell me what each is saying and why they do not conflict.   Can you do that  -- because I cannot do it using what I know of your gospel.  I really want to know.

John

Do you Yahoo!?