From: "Marlin Halverson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
The family members of those who are called, children and spouses,
are sanctified by the believing family member.  They are made clean and holy.

jt: Sanctified in 1 Cor 7:14 means set apart for God to work upon; the
ones who are in unbelief still need to make their own committment; God does
not make ppl clean and holy by osmosis and without their cooperation.

Now, that woman in Texas who murdered her children and quoted scripture
to justify her actions had a train of thought such as you have expressed.  Her
thinking was indeed inspired by the devil.  (See Below)

jt: I agree because murder is never God's plan, the woman was listening to the
father of lies who was a murderer from the beginning. she had religious spirits
and sadly this is not unusual. The mother in Houston who drowned her five
children was also a professing believer; she and her husband were
fundamentalist Christians.

1CO 7:14    For the unbelieving husband is sanctified by the wife, and the
            unbelieving wife is sanctified by the husband: else were your
            children unclean; but now are they holy.