Replying (this time) to: JDavid:Point well made and, it didn't even make me angry.
----- Original Message -----
Sent: June 09, 2004 14:28
Subject: Re: [TruthTalk] Mediation of Christ -- the real vs false

In a message dated 6/9/2004 2:56:04 AM Pacific Daylight Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

John: Not one of my 'opinions' is inspired. They are just that, opinions. I'd always want for them to be subjected to the severest critique.

Hope you understood what I was pointing to  --  that opinion is opinion.   the problem with disagreeing on issues of substance (and that is at the heart of the existence of TT ) is that we all tend to get a little testy about the others opinion.   To call Bush "stupid" is, in fact, to insult all those who believe in his leadership and character.  To act out a feeling of offense is a manipulative effort at silencing the opposition.   Both sides are wrong, as I see it, at the same time.   Yet both sides speak as if inspired and, therefore, right without and beyond debate.

Learning to disagree with an intelligent emotional bias that is rooted in a caring for the other individual is something we should all share as a point of community on this list.  I believe the Lord in I Co 13 put it this way:  love  .....  does not seek its own."

A friend

JDavid